Saturday, September 5, 2009

In My Mailbox 10

In My Mailbox was started by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. None of these books were or ever will be in my mailbox, but whatever.

Borrowed:
The Merchant of Death by D.J. MacHale
Pub. date: January 07
"Bobby Pendragon is a seemingly normal fourteen-year-old boy. He has a family, a home, and even Marley, his beloved dog. But there is something very special about Bobby. He is going to save the world. And not just Earth as we know it. Bobby is slowly starting to realize that life in the cosmos isn't quite what he thought it was."
I've been considering reading this series for a few years now, so when I saw the first book at the library, I decided why not? I've read a few chapters (like, three or four), so far I like it. Now, let's just hope that feeling remains throughout the rest fo the book. :)

Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Pub. date: September 98
"Luke has never been to school. He's never had a birthday party, or gone to a friend's house for an overnight. In fact, Luke has never had a friend. Luke is one of the shadow children, a third child forbidden by the Population Police."
This one sounded kind of interesting, and I'm desperate for new books.

Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Pub. date: October 08
"IN a world where people with an extreme skill--called a Grace--are feared and exploited, Katsa carries the burden of a skill even she despises: the Grace of killing. She lives under the command of her uncle Randa, King of the Middluns, and is expected to execute his dirty work, punishing and torturing anyone who displeases him.
When she first meets Prince Po, who is Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change.
She never expects to become Po's friend.
She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace--or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away...a secret that could destroy all seven kingdoms with words alone."
I read the first chapter of this, and immediately knew I had to finish it. I'd kinda been avoiding this book for some time, the cover and genre were major turn offs for me (I had my fill of fantasy books a few years ago).

Well, that's all I got this week. What'd you get?

Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

5 comments:

prophecygirl said...

Hope you enjoy Graceling, it's very good!

Zombie Girrrl said...

I loved Graceling! You'll like it a lot, it's not your typical fantasy tale. :)

Orchid said...

I'm going to read Graceling too.

Happy reading. :)

The Story Siren said...

great books this week, they all sound good! happy reading!

Rebecca said...

Great books you got this week. Graceling is a really good book. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.