Sunday, August 23, 2009

In My Mailbox 9

In My Mailbox was started by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. None of these books were or ever will be in my mailbox, but whatever.

Borrowed
Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
Pub. date: May 06
"When you don’t talk, there’s a lot of stuff that ends up not getting said.

Harsh words indeed, from Brian Nelson of all people. But, D. J. can’t help admitting, maybe he’s right.

When you don’t talk, there’s a lot of stuff that ends up not getting said.

Stuff like why her best friend, Amber, isn’t so friendly anymore. Or why her little brother, Curtis, never opens his mouth. Why her mom has two jobs and a big secret. Why her college-football-star brothers won’t even call home. Why her dad would go ballistic if she tried out for the high school football team herself. And why Brian is so, so out of her league.

When you don’t talk, there’s a lot of stuff that ends up not getting said.

Welcome to the summer that fifteen-year-old D. J. Schwenk of Red Bend, Wisconsin, learns to talk, and ends up having an awful lot of stuff to say."

Firestorm by David Klass
Pub. date: September 06
"Jack Danielson is in a race against time to save the oceans and the future."

I have to thank Zombie Girrrl for these. I'm going through a bit of a book drought right now, I haven't been able to find anything at the library since early July, so she picked these out for me. Thanks, ZG! ^_^

I thought about doing this as a vlog (I just got a shiny new camera, I feel like I should be vlogging more), I even tried filming it a few times, but it didn't work out. I guess I'll try again another time, maybe when I have more books. :)

Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

3 comments:

Orchid said...

Let me know if Dairy Queen is good.
Happy reading. :)

Zombie Girrrl said...

Yous Welcomes!

Rebecca said...

Nice books you got this week. Hope you enjoy reading them both.