Sunday, July 19, 2009

Shattered Mirror by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

"Sarah Vida is a witch and a vampire hunter — and a loner. Christopher Ravena is a vampire trying to pass as a normal high school student who wants to know Sarah better."

I really liked this one. I think it might be my favorite so far. There was a lot more action than Demon in My View, and I think more than In the Forest of the Night too (it's been forever since I read that one, so I don't really know).
I found Sarah to be annoying with all her "Vampires are evil monsters, witches are awesome!" stuff. Though the witches were pretty awesome. I'm not sure if I said this in my last Den of Shadows review, but I liked how the witches weren't just people with powers.
Nikolas was an interesting villain, because he wasn't totally evil. I love bad guys like that! *coughRedXcough* But that thing about carving his name into his victims was really creepy.
I can't really think of anything else to say except, the characters were good (I hate the Vidas!), the story was really interesting, and the writing was great.

I give this book four Fists of Rock.
Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

7 comments:

Zombie Girrrl said...

These were the first vampires I read about; I guess you could say they're the ones I grew up with. I always felt like there were a million books because the world Amelia created was so vast and detailed, but there are only, shockingly enough, four Den of Shadows books. I wish there were more. She's got a new vampire book, The Persistence of Memory, but I don't know if it takes place in the world of DoS. I really hope it does.

ReaderGirl said...

YAY! This one was one of my favs too, I still gotta read midnight preditor! X.x

Jessica Secret said...

I got this from the library today. Glad you enjoyed it so much!

shutupimreading.blogspot.com
Jessica

Dame Orchid said...

I agree that Nikolas made for an awesome bad guy and that the Vida's were just a bit annoying, but I totally love this book.

Marie said...

I have never read anything by this author. Sounds good though!

Steph Bowe said...

I love the cover on the left.

Anonymous said...

WHAT!! I have SO got to get the new book. I have the others.... Sorry.. OTT there

I love these books. They're the BEST books bar Anne Rice. <3 Lestat.