Saturday, July 25, 2009

Peace, Love & Baby Ducks by Lauren Myracle

"Growing up in a world of wealth and pastel-tinted entitlement, fifteen-year-old Carly has always relied on the constancy—and authenticity—of her sister, Anna. But when fourteen-year-old Anna turns plastic-perfect-pretty over the course of a single summer, everything starts to change. And there are boys involved, complicating things as boys always do. With warmth, insight, and an unparalleled gift for finding humor even in stormy situations, beloved author Lauren Myracle dives into the tumultuous waters of sisterhood and shows that even very different sisters can learn to help each other stay afloat."

This book was really good. Chicky, but good.
Carly was a good character, but she got on my nerves at times. So did Anna. Carly was bossy and a little selfish, and Anna was needy. But Lauren Myracle did an excellent job with the sister thing.
In my review of Dead Is a State of Mind I said never trust the handsom foreigner that likes the main character, but I would like to change that statement. Never trust the handsom new guy that likes the main character/that the main character likes. They're always evil!
I love the cover of this book! The title is on the back, which is a style I have loved since I saw it on The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod. If I ever get multiple books published, I want the title to be on the back of at least one of them.
I had a hard time liking, or even tolerating, Carly's friend Peyton. She was so annoying! And fake! And the worst part is that Anna became like her near the end. Peyton was tolerable at first, but by part two I couldn't stand her. As for Carly's other friend Vonzelle, I liked her. She was cool. :)
Something very sad happened near the end. Not nearly sad enough to make me even feel like I might cry, but still sad.
This book was good, I recommend it to anyone who likes chick-lit. But if you're looking for action and adventure, I suggest you read something else.

Peace, Love & Baby Ducks gets three Fists of Rock.
Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

3 comments:

Zombie Girrrl said...

Hey, can I borrow this? Also, do you still think I'm like carly? o_O

Orchid said...

I'll probably read Peace, Love and Baby Ducks as my light read soon. :)

Steph Bowe said...

Cute.

I love your Fists of Rock rating system!