Thursday, July 30, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter (who isn't?! [don't answer that]), and I'd been waiting to see this movie since the credits rolled on the last one. So naturally, I had to see it opening day! I had to wait in line for a bit, but it was worth it. So worth it!
I'm really glad they decided to make this one funny. The other movies had funny moments, but they always left something to be desired in the humor department. And you know Deathly Hallows is going to be a bit of a downer, you know, with half the characters we've come to know and love dying and all, so I personally think making Half-Blood Prince funny was a smart move.
I found Lavender Brown to be super scary! She was just so... clingy, and... and... just plain scary. If I were Ron, I would have run into the Forbidden Forest and never come out (though she probably would have followed him).
Luna Lovegood is officially my favorite character! I never really had a favorite character from the books, but from the movies, Luna's the best. She's just so funny without meaning to be funny. ^_^
There were a few scenes in the movie that I didn't remember being in the book, and a few (somewhat important) scenes from the book that weren't in the movie. But the new and missing scenes didn't ruin the movie at all.
I think they might have botched Dumbledore's death. It just wasn't sad enough. And I don't like that they completely removed the last scene. Maybe they'll open the next movie with that scene instead, I don't know. That was really the only disappointing thing about HBP.
This movie, like its predecessors and the books they're based on, was awesome! If you haven't seen it, I suggest you go do that now. Needless to say, I'm really excited for Deathly Hallows!!!!!

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince gets five Fists of Rock.
Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

4 comments:

Orchid said...

HPB was good, but I wish it had been darker.

Steph Bowe said...

I haven't yet seen it (I'm not a big moviegoer), but i'll probably wait till it's out on DVD.

I loved the first few books in the series, but I didn't really get past book four, and the early movies were all a bit cliche for me.

Taschima Cullen said...

UUUH I agree! I also made a review about HBP...

Check it out on my blog xD On reviews.

www.bloodybookaholic.blogspot.com

Skipjimroo said...

I have to say, I really was blown away by the high level of quality on this adaptation, from the top downwards!

Just as you said, it was funny, *genuinely* funny even, though not to the point where it felt intrusive. A triumph for those at the creative helm methinks.

I have to disagree with you about Dumbledore's death. For me, if it had been any sadder, I'd have been driven to slitting my wrists with my empty nacho carton (mmmmmmmm nachos). That said, my feelings may have been greatly augmented by the fact that my five year old daughter was sobbing into my shoulder inconsolably.

I always tear up whenever she gets sad. I'm still reeling from the episode we had with The Iron Giant!

Anywho, nice blog, I will be following it and I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

P.S: Do not under any circumstances check out my blog. It's filled with crude, offensive content and will completely change whatever your perception of me is from this comment.

All the best, Skip