Sunday, June 28, 2009

In My Mailbox 6

In My Mailbox was started by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. None of these books were or ever will be in my mailbox, but whatever.

Bought:
Peace, Love & Baby Ducks by Lauren Myracle
Pub. date: May 09
"Growing up in a world of wealth and pastel-tinted entitlement, fifteen-year-old Carly has always relied on the constancy—and authenticity—of her sister, Anna. But when fourteen-year-old Anna turns plastic-perfect-pretty over the course of a single summer, everything starts to change. And there are boys involved, complicating things as boys always do. With warmth, insight, and an unparalleled gift for finding humor even in stormy situations, beloved author Lauren Myracle dives into the tumultuous waters of sisterhood and shows that even very different sisters can learn to help each other stay afloat."
I spent about twenty minutes looking at all the shiny new books in Barnes & Noble, trying to decide on one of the many things from my wish list that I so desperately needed to read. Then, while browsing the YA books on one of the display tables, I saw it. Peace, Love & Baby Ducks with a shiny gold sticker that said "signed copy". I had heard about these-- magical books that the author signed and sent out into the world, and I had found one. It was like the golden ticket in a Wonka chocolate bar. Because I'm extremely indecisive, I browsed a little more before realizing that I would regret not buying that signed book, having never gotten a signed book before. So I got it. Yay!!!
I was going to post a picture of the signature, but my camera is dead so no such luck.

Well, that's what I got, what about you?

Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

10 comments:

Kristen said...

Oooo! Lucky duck. I love signed books. :) Great find for this week! Enjoy.

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

Congrats on your signed book! I hope you enjoy it!

deltay said...

Ooh, a signed book! That's so awesome :) Happy reading!

prophecygirl said...

I love that cover. So cool! :)

Dame Orchid said...

Peace, Love & Baby Ducks looks awesome, and congratulations on finding a signed copy. :)

Meggin said...

Ooh, I got PL&BD a few weeks ago... I love it :) A signed copy!? Lucky. *pouts jealously*
I love your blog :) I saw you on Jessica's Blog (Shut Up I'm Reading). I hope you get published, I'd love to read your books :)

-Meggin, serendipityreviews.blogspot.com

Callie said...

You are so lucky. I wish I had a nice signed book. Enjoy!

Nadia Murti said...

Oh yeah! The B&N in my city has like, ten of those. Her signature is just an LM.

-Nadia

Taschima Cullen said...

Nice blog ^^

Following! ^^

21 said...

Lucky duck! Haha, duck. I love Lauren Myracle, she's so fan friendly!
BTW, you need to check out my blog. I have something for you! :)
http://crackinspines.blogspot.com/2009/06/more-awards.html
I know a link isn't really necessary, but I feel like it's good manners to leave one.