Sunday, May 17, 2009

Q&A With... Misamiera and Her Character

So, I've added a new feature to the blog: interviews. My first interview is with writer Misamiera of With A Sweet Cherry On Top and one of her characters.

Character
Name: Ruben Falconheart
Genre: Fantasy/Adventure
Author: ... ? Misamiera?

1. If you could put yourself in any other story, what would it be???
I would be the star of my own video game, if that counts!
 2. If you were to write a book about your author, what genre would it be???

Hahaha. I would put her in a fantasy/adventure story like mine and see how she fares.
3. What would you be in a zombie apocalypse, a zombie fighter or a zombie???
A zombie fighter! They're sooo much cooler!
4. If you were given control of you story, would you change anything? What and why???

I would change stuff. Like, uh, everything. *cough* But the main thing would be my friend not dying. For the obvious reason.
5. Do you ever try to give your author writer's block (don't lie)???

Do I? That's a hard question. Let's say this: I try to give my authors a writer's block, but she doesn't listen. She never does.
Writer

1. Why do you want to be a writer???

I love being able to create worlds in my head. It's amazing. Then when I write it out, it's awesome. It's like making fantasy a reality, in some sort of odd way.
2. Do you have anything in common with your characters? Do you wish you were like them???

I have so many characters that I think I have things in common with all of them. But for the character above, Ruben... well, I like video games. And I like the fun side of things. I would not want to be him, though. I like who I am.
3. Do you base characters on people you know? Do they end up like that even when you don't try???

I do not base my characters on people I know, although I sometimes base characters on other characters. *gulp* Don't sue me! Sometimes it's subconcious, and sometimes it's 5-10 different characters. Strange.
 4. What would you be in a zombie apocalypse, a zombie fighter or a zombie???

Seeing that I've never been either, my best guess would have to be a zombie fighter.
 5. What books/authors inspired you to write???

Um... well, a lot of books. Definitely some books (which I won't name) which made me think, "Hey. I bet I could do better."
 6. How do you feel about killing your characters???
... I don't kill my characters off unless they have no importance whatsoever to the story. I imagine that I would feel sad, though. But the thing with characters is that even if you kill them off, they're still in your head, and although they're not in your story, they still talk to you.
 7. Do you have any advice for other writers???

Since I'm a fairly new writer myself, I don't think I have the credentials to give advice--although I'll repeat something which other veteran writers have said: Keep writing.
 Blogger

1. What is your blog about???

It's a place where I keep all of my random writings.
 2. What would you be in a zombie apocalypse, a zombie fighter or a zombie???

A zombie fighter, maybe? I'm not sure.
 3. Would you say you're obsessed with blogging???

No, but I would say I'm obsessed with making and designing them.
 4. Name 1-3 blogs you love.

Ooh, that's hard. Will I be graded on this? If so, I'll put Dahlia's Eclectic Mind... ;) Just kidding. I happen to love a lot more than 3 blogs, but for now I'll say Hey, Teenager of the Year (Steph Bowe), with a sweet cherry on top (mine), and Dahlia's Eclectic Mind. I love a lot more than that, though.
A+!!!

 5. What's you favorite book, movie, or band/singer (answer as many as you want)???

I have too many favorite books and movies and my current music obsession is Coldplay right now. That could all change tomorrow, though.
 6. If you were going to be famous, would you want to be a writer, actor/actress, musician, or athlete???

I would be a writer. Definitely. :)

Thanks so much, Misamiera!!!
If you would like to be interviewed here, just click the tab that says Q&A and follow the instructions on that page.

Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

1 comment:

21 said...

I love her reason for writing! I do the same thing, but I usually keep it to myself. Maybe I shouldn't though?
Ruben sounds like fun. :)