Thursday, May 21, 2009

Is It getting A Little Crowded In Here?

It's recently come to my attention that my sidebars are getting kind of crowded, giving my blog a very cluttered feel/look. So, I think I'm going to try to clean them up a bit. The only problem is, I don't know what to get rid of. There are certain things, like the following window thing, the hit counter, the awards, and the about me that have to stay, they're just basic blog necessities, but there are a lot of other widgets that can probably go without being missed too much.
I'm going to make a poll, and I'll put everything I'm willing to get rid of on it so you guys can vote 'em off Survivor style. Maybe I'll make a whole event sort of thing out of it and actually have something voted off every week (or every few days, otherwise we could be doing this for a while). I'll put two widgets against each other, you guys vote for your fave, and the loser gets taken off the blog. To make sure I'm not going to lose something I can't blog without, I'll only put the kindofsortof useless widgets.
So, which idea sounds better, a big poll with all the unnecessary widgets where you vote for all your faves at once, or a weekly Widget Duel??? I need feedback on this, so don't choose now to become a blog lurker. :)
Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

4 comments:

Amelia said...

Duel

Dame Orchid said...

Definitely a widget duel.

21 said...

Du-el! *slaps extra widgets with white glove*

Nadia Murti said...

Deul, though I don't know what that entitles.