Friday, May 1, 2009

Demon Bird

There is a very strange bird that lives somewhere near my bedroom window. There are three trees that it could live in, I'm not sure which one it is. But anyway, every night for the last three or four nights, the bird had chirped. Not incessantly, only at one time, the same time every night. It's always between 1:40 and 2:00 a.m. never earlier, never later. It's so weird!!! I have no idea why it does that, I don't even know what kind of bird it is.
Now, it's not like it wakes me up or anything, I'm still about an hour, maybe two hours away from sleep at that time.
Every time I hear it, I think of Failure to Launch (I watched it with Holland a couple time). And the quote, "What kind of devil bird chirps at night?!" (I don't remember the name of the character that said that, but the actress was also in Elf).

Anyway, that's really all I wanted to say. I'll announce the winners of my contest as soon as possible.

Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

4 comments:

Dame Orchid said...

That reminds of this bird that used to be outside of my window a while ago it would drive me insane every single day.

21 said...

Remember Holland's crow? That was hi-larious! It would sit in a tree right outside her window and crow very early every morning.
I think it's probably a mocking bird, like the movie. Does it make different sounds, or just one?

Anonymous said...

I think the actress was Zooey Deshanel (I spelled that really wrong, but she's also engaged to Ben Gibbard, lead singer for Death Cab for Cutie)
Jay-wa :D

Nadia Murti said...

There's a dog that does the same thing outside my house...well, it doesn't chirp, though. It scratches at my neighbors' door, and makes strangled noises.

-Nadia