Friday, April 17, 2009

Mini Blog: Answer to Shelley

I got a question from a new follower today. Shelley of Book Fanatic said:
I'm new to the blogging world and was wondering if there's a way to add a comment box to my page.
After checking out Shelley'd blog, I think I might have figured out the problem. Embedded comments.
You see, embedded comments are the newest format for comments on Blogger, so they're the new default comment setting. Unfortunately, that format doesn't work on non-Blogger layouts. I found this problem when I gave 13 & Co. a new layout from Pyzam. The comments had originally been embedded at the bottom of the post, and when I changed the layout, the comments no longer worked.

So, to answer Shelley's question, go to Settings, then click on Comments. If the comments are set on Embedded Below Post, try changing the format to Full Page or Pop-Up Window. Comment here if it doesn't work, and I'll try to figure something out. :)
Hope that helps. :D

Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I changed it to pop-up and it seems to be working now! Thanks!!