Friday, March 13, 2009

Ninth Grade Slays by Heather Brewer

Man, that 100th post sure pushed this review back. I finished this book, like, over a week ago.
"High school totally bites when you're half human, half vampire.

Freshman year sucks for Vlad Tod. Bullies still harass him. The photographer from the school newspaper is tailing him. And failing his studies could be deadly. A trip to Siberia gives "study abroad" a whole new meaning as Vlad connects with other vampires and advances his mind-control abilities, but will he return home with the skills to recognize a vampire slayer when he sees one? In this thrilling sequel to Eighth Grade Bites, Vlad must confront the secrets of the past and battle forces that once again threaten his life. Find out why author D. J. MacHale calls The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod 'Gruesome, heartwarming, spellbinding.'"
This book was soooo good!!! I couldn't put it down!!!
I think I liked NGS more than EGB. Eighth Grade Bites was really good, but it was just so short. I was left wanting more when I finished. But Ninth Grade Slays also left me wanting more, though not because it was short. I really want to know what happens next!!!
This one had more action, more vampires, and more awesomeness! I may have to read it again. Some parts were just so unpredictable (in a good way), that I had to stop reading for a second just to take it all in. I really can't wait until Tenth Grade Bleeds comes out on July 9th. Heather Brewer did a phenomenal job.
 
I'm not going to do a sum up for this book. I don't want to give anything away. If you want to know what happens, read the series. You will not regret it. Actually, you may even thank me.
 
This book was so doos, that I had to bring in another person, because it was Too Much Rock for Two Hands.
Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

4 comments:

Dame Orchid said...

I loved Eighth Grade Bites, so i'm definitely going to read Ninth Grade Slays.

Amelia said...

Great review.
Bonus points for use of "awesomeness"

Nadia Murti said...

Those books sound really good. They should call the 4th book "Eleventh Grade Sucks."

Dahlia said...

Orchid: PLEASE READ IT SOON! I'M HAVING TROUBLE NOT TELLING YOU ABOUT IT!

Amelia: "awesomeness" is one of my favorite words.

Nadia Murti: I think the fourth one is called "Eleventh Grade Burns". But there's always twelfth grade. :)