Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Big 100th Post!!!

This post has been a long time coming (and I don't just mean the amount of time it took to reach this point, it took me over a week to write). Okay, this is going to be kind of long, and loaded with a bunch of different things. I'll start the festivities with a list of my favorite posts from the first 100. I can't believe I've written 100 posts! Teehee!

And now some more links! But these ones go to videos for my fave bands/songs!
Helena by MCR
Time is Running Out by Muse
CrushCrushCrush by Paramore
All Around Me by Flyleaf
A Beautiful Lie by 30 Seconds to Mars
Check Yes Juliet by We the Kings
When I Get Home, You're So Dead by Mayday Parade
When You Were Young by The Killers
Call Me When You're Sober by Evanescence
Psychosocial by Slipknot
Re-Education (Through Labor) by Rise Against
Holiday by Green Day
Vitamin R (Leading Us Along) by Chevelle (back when they were good)
So, those are all my FAVORITE songs. I'm sure you enjoyed them just as much as I do. :)

Now here's a list of some books I think you should really look into:
Eighth Grade Bites by Heather Brewer
Raven's Gate by Anthony Horowitz
Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz
The Secret Hour by Scott Westerfeld
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
How to Ditch Your Fairy by Justine Larbalestier
Bras and Broomsticks by Sarah Mlynowski
How to be Popular by Meg Cabot
Airhead by Meg Cabot
Mediator: Shadowland by Meg Cabot
In the Forest of the Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
Bad Kitty by Michele Jaffe
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
Kiki Strike: Inside the Shadow City by Kirsten Miller
Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
The Dangerous Days of Daniel X by James Patterson
Spy High: Mission One by A.J. Butcher
Something Rotten by Alan Gratz
Cherub: The Recruit by Robert Muchamore
Spy Goddess Live and Let Shop by Michael Spradlin
The Dreamwalker's Child by Steve Voake
Darkside by Tom Becker

Whew, that was a lot longer than I thought it would be. Oh well. The true opposite of evil is a good book (and those were all very good books, so I suggest you read them).

I was going to do a chibi for this post, but I haven't been able to think of one. So I will be holding a small contests of sorts to design the Centennial Chibi. To enter, simply leave a comment with a detailed description of your chibi design. If you have a blog and would like to draw a chibi yourself and post it on your blog, please put a link to that post (if you just link to your blog, I might not be able to find your post) so I can find it. I'll draw a winner in one week (Sunday, March 15). Good luck, everyone! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Don't know what a chibi is? Look at past DEM chibis here, here, and here. All entried must be in by noon on Saturday, March 14.

So, I think that concludes my Big 100th Post! I hope you enjoyed it. I look forward to writing more posts (and you reading them). :D

Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

2 comments:

Dame Orchid said...

Wow, I cannot believe that you have made it to the one-hundred post mark in such a short amount of time.
(I almost forgot) Congratulations on reaching 100 posts. :)

21 said...

Maybe she could be like Baby New Year, or something. The chibi, I mean. Or you could make it an old person chibi. I dunno. *_*