Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Be Gone with Ye, Ugly PyBar!

Is that orange Pyzam bar clashing with the color scheme of your blog? Or is it just throwing off your fung shui? Well, my friend, you're in luck. Below are simple instructions for getting rid of that orange distraction.

Step One: go to Edit HTML in the layout section of your blog (if you have a Pyzam layout, you should already know where this is).

Step Two: scroll down until you see this section...

.bloggerPyBar { background-color:#ff6600;

color:#114477;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:10px;

text-align:left;
font-weigth:bold;
padding:2px 2px 2px 6px;}
.bloggerPyBar a {color:#114477;}
.pylogo {float:right;padding-right:9px;}
 ]]></b:skin>
</head>


<body>

<div class="bloggerPyBar" style="cursor:pointer;"><div class="pylogo"><span style="position:relative;top:-1px;left:0px">«</span> <a href="http://www.pyzam.com">PYZAM.COM</a></div>
<a href="http://www.pyzam.com/bloggertemplates">CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES</a> AND <a href="http://www.pyzam.com/myspacelayouts">MYSPACE LAYOUTS</a> <span style="position:relative;top:-1px;left:0px;">»</span> </div>

Step Three: erase all highlighted areas. Important Note: do NOT get rid of the head and body! Hehe, my friends and I joked that you have to take out all the organs, but you have to leave the head and body or you'll kill it (but seriously, if you take out the head and body, you will kill your layout).

I suggest previewing your layout before saving, just to make sure you didn't take out too much or not enough. If it doesn't look right, clear all your edits and start over from step one.

And that concludes my HTML mini-series. I hope these tips helped you get your blog looking how you want it. :)

Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

7 comments:

Amelia said...

You are amazing. Simple as that. That orange bar was throwing off my feng shui and I didn't even notice... till now. Cause it's gone, oh yeah! Once again thanks for all the help!

21 said...

Bloggy looks much better without the ugly bar. It totally threw off my color scheme.

Dame Orchid said...

Yes, my blog is no longer a huge billboard for Pyzam.

Anonymous said...

i love love love you for this!

Shelley said...

I'm new to the blogging world and was wondering if theres a way to add a comment box to my page.

http://bookfanaticblog.blogspot.com/

Taeko said...

Thanx! I'm just a beginner blogger but a little tiny tip like yours makes webpages a whole lot better.

Levantica said...

Thank you very much! Exactly what I need!