Friday, February 13, 2009

Operation: Edit... Again

The Mission:
Read B1, seek and destroy all spelling errors and parts I just generally hate.

The Tools:
Printed copy of B1, yellow highlighter, blue pen, fully loaded clipboard, instant chocolate pudding.
The Agent:
Dahlia, secret editing agent extraordinaire.


Yes, readers, I have finally done what I've been saying I'll do since late December-early January; editing/revising B1. This time is pretty different from last time. For one thing I'm not tying up the computer and I don't feel like my eyes are going to fall out. I was a little hesitant about using a highlighter in my only printed copy, but I decided that I might as well do it since I'm going to print B1 again once I finish editing.
It feels a lot more like actual editing this time, like the kind published authors talk about doing. When I read it on the computer it was more like reading any old book (except that I wrote it) and I had the freedom to change any mistakes the editors missed, as well as parts that just didn't sound right to me.
I have decided to have one of my friends read it again when I'm done to fix any errors I missed, whether they be of the spelling or grammar variety.

Well, I should probably get back to editing. But before I go, a quick question.
I have vowed to practice my guitar at least once a week, but I can't decide if that's enough. Should I practice my guitar once a week on Wednesdays, or twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays??? I (kindly) demand feedback!

Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

4 comments:

21 said...

Would I be that friend?

Nadia Murti said...

Twice. Guitar is hard!

Good luck with the editing!

--Nadia

Dame Orchid said...

I think you should practice guitar twice a week.

Anonymous said...

Twice a week.