Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm Baaaaaaaaack

Hello people. I'm finally back from my leave of absence. YAY! I still have a bit of a cold (headache, stuffy nose, nothing too serious), but I'm mostly feeling better.

While I was gone I watched Eagle Eye, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Howl's Moving Castle, and Meet the Robinsons. Sadly, I fell asleep during Prince Caspian and Howl's Moving Castle and missed the end of both (not to mention some of my favorite parts, like in PC when Peter used a break dancing move in a sword fight, and the weird/awesome song that played when Howl and Sophie went to visit Madam Solomon in HMC [which I was minutes away from hearing *sad*]).

I'm one of those people who works when they're sick. I spent the the better part of yesterday (or was it day before yesterday? I can't keep track of time when I'm sick) editing B1. I can't decide if editing is going quickly or not. I'm pretty sure I've only worked on it two or three days, and I've only read 24 (short) chapters. Oh well, at least I'm getting something done.

And here's something strange: all of the comments on Westerblog are gone. I'm not sure if the site is experiencing some technical difficulties or if Mr. Westerfeld just deleted them. Strange, very strange. Please tell me if the comments are still there when you visit the blog.
UPDATE: The comments are back! Hooray! Still no idea what happened to them...

Well, that's about it for now. I'll try to post something more interesting soon. And since this post was fairly boring and didn't really give much to comment about, I will close with some questions...


Question the first: What should I rename my followers? "Loyal Readers" is just a little too boring for my taste. I want something more interesting, like Heather Brewer's Minion Horde. Keep in mind that if/when I get published, this will double as the name for my fans, so choose wisely.


Question the second: What subject/genre should I write about next on 13 and Co.? I've written about superheroes, spies, and zombies. I really want to write something new for it, but I'm at a loss of inspiration. I had an idea a while ago, but I forgot what it was, so please comment.


Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

9 comments:

Black And Red said...

I love Howl's Moving Castle! I have yet to see Eagle Eye though, and I don't plan on watching Narnia anytime soon, ick.

Nadia Murti said...

I think it should be "Loyal Minions"

Dahlia said...

Black and Red: What do you mean 'ick'?!?!?!?! There was break dancing! In a sword fight! Doesn't get much better than that.

Eagle Eye was really good, I recommend you watch it the first chance you get.

Dame Orchid said...

I am glad that you are feeling better. :)

21 said...

I wouldn't mind being a loyal minnion.

Dahlia said...

Nadia Murti: Loyal Minions. I like the sound of that. I'll definitely consider that, but it's probably going to be a while before I actually change it. :)

cydonia-night said...

Ardent Adherents? lol, just a suggestion.

I've been reading Scott Westerfeld's and Ally Carter's blogs for a while now and noticed that you comment on both of them. I got curious and clicked on your site. Looking at the "awesome sites" links you have, I am ecstatic. Paramore, Avatar, Uglies, Anthony Horowitz...so much awesome.

Black And Red said...

Dahlia: I'm not a fan of the Narnia Movies. Although the books are wonderful, the movies just aren't that great in my opinion.
And thanks for recommending it, I'll have to rent it.

Dahlia said...

Cydonia-night: Thank you for your curiousity.

Black and Red: I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.