Thursday, February 5, 2009

Eighth Grade Bites by Heather Brewer

I'll just start this review by saying, I bought Eighth Grade Bites by Heather Brewer on Sunday, February 1 and finished Wednesday, February 4. Considering how long certain books have been on my currently reading list, that alone should tell you how good it is. Now, on to the review.

"Vlad has to keep his vampire urges under control while dealing with the pressures of middle school.
Thirteen-year-old Vladimir Tod really hates junior high. Bullies harass him, the principal is dogging him, and the girl he likes prefers his best friend. Oh, and Vlad has a secret: His mother was human, but his father was a vampire. With no idea of the extent of his powers, Vlad struggles daily with his blood cravings and his enlarged fangs. When a substitute teacher begins to question him a little too closely, Vlad worries that his cover is about to be blown. But then he faces a much bigger problem: He's being hunted by a vampire killer."

I LOVED this book! I've been looking for a good vampire book for years, and I have finally found it. Vlad was a very interesting, very emotional character. I loved how normal he was, despite the fact that he was a vampire. He was just as awkward as any 13 year old, and it was hilarious. There aren't many things funnier than awkward moments, except maybe awkweird moments.
This was a very good book. Very funny, good amount of action, excellent characters, very doos* writing. Highly recommended.

I give this book Too Much Rock for One Hand.

*Doos: cool, ace, brilliant. From: How to Ditch Your Fairy

4 comments:

Dame Orchid said...

Too much rock for one hand, now I definitely have to read that book.

21 said...

Sounds good, I might read it. You should totally check out The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett. I just finished reading it last night, I was up till 1 am. I was totally knackered, but I had to finish it. Really funny book, all his stuff is hilarious.

Nadia Murti said...

Sounds pretty good.

BTW, the new template on 13 and Co. refuses to let me post a comment.

Dahlia said...

Nadia Murti: I fixed the comments on 13 and Co. I think. :) I guess you just can't use the embed format for comments on non-Blogger templates. Weird.