Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oodles of Books

As I'm sure at least a few of you have noticed, I've added a Currently Reading/Upcoming Reviews section on the sidebar. I plan to do more book reviews this year, better ones too. I'm currently reading four books: Teen, Inc. by Stefan Petrucha, Specials by Scott Westerfeld, Generation Dead by Daniel Waters, and The Restless Dead by M.T. Anderson, Holly Black, Libba Bray, Herbie Brennan, Nancy Etchemendy, Annette Curtis Klause, Kelly Link, Deborah Noyes, Marcus Sedgwick, and Chris Wooding.

I spent the whole day going through all the books in my house, and I found fourteen that I plan to read and review:
  1. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
  2. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
  3. Shattered Mirror by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
  4. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
  5. Prom Nights From Hell by Meg Cabot, Kim Harrison, Michele Jaffe, Lauren Myracle, and Stephenie Meyer
  6. The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
  7. Howl's Moving Castle by Dianna Wynne Jones
  8. Code Orange by Caroline B. Cooney
  9. Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett
  10. East by Edith Pattou
  11. Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters
  12. And Only To Deceive by Tasha Alexander
  13. Good Night, Mr. Holmes by Carole Nelson Douglas
  14. Nancy Drew: Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene
I have a long list, and a pretty diversified one too. BTW, the only reason Nancy Drew made the list is because the book has been in my house for ages ad I've never read it. Also, I think Nancy Drew is pretty cool. I mean, it takes two Hardy Boys to solve mysteries of equal or lesser difficulty/quality (I don't really know what the Hardy Boys solve, I've never read any of their books).
You can expect to see reviews of the above books in the comings weeks/months (not sure how long it will take to read them all). Any book with a movie that I've seen will have a special double review with my thoughts on both versions.
Well, I have to go get back to reading. Later.

5 comments:

Dame Orchid said...

I've read just about every book on that list. Which Nancy Drew book are you going to read, maybe I've read it before.

Irregular Kiki said...

Ooooooh The Restless Dead, my friend was reading that at school. Have you read any Goosebumps books? I've just posted about them on my blog.

Dahlia said...

Irregular Kiki: I've read a few Goosebumps books. For some reason, most of the Goosebumps books I've read involved haunted summer camps.

Nadia Murti said...

That sounds cool. When I started blogging, I almost decided to make half of it book reviews.

The Disreputable History is SO good! (And it's a good book to do an essay on.)

I want to read Shattered Mirror.

I read that Nancy Drew book. I didn't like it too much; it was much too obvious.

Can't wait to read the reviews.

Irregular Kiki said...

Wow, Dahlia, you've read a massive amount of books!
Yes, most Goosebumps books invold haunted camps, haha. They are so not-scary and that's whats so funny about them. I get in trouble when I'm seen reading them, because of how childish they are! Because I should be reading non-fiction books, apparently. Well, Goosebumps it is, when no one takes me to the library! (I borrow Goosebumps from my cousin)