Thursday, December 11, 2008

WHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!

What have they done to Avatar: The Last Airbender? I was just on Distant Horizon (who got the news from Entertainment Weekly) and I read what could quite possibly be the worst news in the whole wide world (of cartoons).

*deep breath* Okay, as I'm sure you already know there is going to be an Avatar movie, scheduled for 2010. A few months ago they had open casting for Aang (the Avatar, for those of you that haven't seen the show). That was all fine and good. Getting someone new would likely be better for the movie in the end. Look at Harry Potter. Well, according to Distant Horizon the actors who will be playing Sokka (one of my favorite characters) and Katara (eh, not so much) have been chosen.

So, playing Katara is Nicola Peltz (never heard of her) from Deck The Halls (never heard of it). She looks nothing like Katara! The only thing they have in common is that they're both girls!

It.
Gets.
Worse.

Playing Sokka is... Jackson Rathbone. They got a bloody Twilighter to play SOKKA!?! What is wrong with them?!?! Are they... *grr* I'm so mad I can't even think of what to accuse them of being! Whatever it is, it interferes with brain function.

But that's not even the worst of it. Believe it or not, that's only the semi bad news.
Get ready for it. I suggest you sit down for this.

Jesse McCartney is negotiating the role of Prince Zuko. I can't even think of anything to say to that except... WHAT?!?!
(above: Katara, Aang, Zuko (background), Sokka, Momo (lemur). Do you see the madness now?!)

I fear for the Avatar movie. I thought 2010 was going to be a really good year for movies, but it appears I was wrong. *sigh* Why? I knew nothing good could come of M. Night Shyamalan directing the movie.
Again I ask, why?!?!

4 comments:

Dame Orchid said...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! They better not pick Jesse McCartney, he would totally ruin Zuko's character.
This is what we get when M. Night Shyamalan directs a movie.

Faerie said...

*grr**mumblesangrily*stupidMNightwhat'shisfaceruiningeverythingworstdirecterintheworldhismoviesarestupid.*grr* >:$

That's terrible! I will NOT be able to watch the movie if Jesse McCartney is Zuko. It's bad enough that they cast a Twilight guy!
I agree, they must have something interefering with their brain function.

Nadia Murti said...

WHAT?! McCARTNEY?! AS ZUKO?! Has the world gone MAD????

Though I love Jackson Rathbone, he's just not a Sokka.

hpautumngrl said...

The Fact that Jesse McCartney might be playing Zuko totally .. grr. I do not like that idea. I want to play Mai if they do a second movie, but not with McCartney. That's just ridiculous.

I don't think that Jackson Rathbone is that bad. He might actually make a good Sokka

Never heard of Nicola Peltz, but I'll have to check out that one movie.


Now to the reference aobut him being a twilghter. THey did the same thing between Harry Potter and Twilight. They took a minor charcter from one movie and turned him into a main character in the other movie. According to observed, MOST people who like Twilight or Avatar or even Harry Potter, like ALL three. They are pretty much all one big fanbase. There are those people who only like one or two, but again only a few.

That is probably why they choose Jackson Rathbone as Sokka.

Ok that's all I had to say.