Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Something Rotten Chat Recap

The Ally Chat for Something Rotten has just finished, and boy, was it hectic. There were about thirty plus readers asking all sorts of questions, it was a little hard to follow.
Some of my questions got answered, which was way cool. I really can't wait until the next book is announced and then the chat that will follow. I love chatting with authors. Here's one of my questions that got answered:

For Ally and Alan: Would you ever consider posting your query letters for your first books on your blogs?
Alan's answer (I can't remember exactly how it was worded): I've been working on advice for unpublished authors, that's a great idea. (or something along those lines. It was about half an hour ago and I've read a bunch of other things since then, so it's a little fuzzy)


In other news, after visiting the Nelson Literary Agency (Ally Carter's agent) website and reading tips on submitting manuscripts I have decided to start working on my query letter for B1. Orchid is about halfway through reading it, Twenty-One has finished it, Six is yet to start it, and I'm still waiting for my parents to read it.
I was a little nervous about people reading B1, not because there's anything bad in it, I was just afraid they wouldn't like it. Twenty-One seemed to like it a lot, except for the cliff-hanger ending (I love writing cliff-hangers). Orchid seems to be enjoying it.
I now have a printed copy of it, which will make it a lot easier to convince the other three to read it (reading things on the computer is hard on the eyes). It's a lot longer on paper than I thought it would be. I'll try to post some pictures soon.

Well, that's all for now. I have to go play Guitar Hero or Dance Dance Revolution (and work on my query letter).

3 comments:

Faerie said...

Sounds like the chat was fun. It's cool that some of your questions were answered by authors.

Have fun with your games and query letter. XD

Nadia Murti said...

Yeah, the chat was pretty crazy. I love to save chats on my computer, but this time, they only let me save the last page!

Good luck with the query letters! I hope to see your books in stores someday. Can't wait to finally read it after hearing about it so much.

Dame Orchid said...

The chat was OK. It could have gone better. Now I just need to take your book away from 21 so that I can finish it.