Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Searching For New Authors?

I don't know about you, but I always have trouble with this. It's mostly due to my extreme pickiness (I practically redefined the word). I recently discovered a website (with help from Meg's Diary) that is specifically made for finding new authors based on the ones you already like.

So, after you've read every book by your favorite author a million times, head on over to Literature Map and see who they recommend. Unfortunately, the site doesn't have any info on the authors so you'll have to search their books on another site, like Barnes & Noble or Borders.

Well, that's about it for now. I'll see you next time with something new (to this blog) and (somewhat) interesting.



P.S.
Click the days on the Christmas Calendar. I won't tell you why, just click them. XD

4 comments:

Dame Orchid said...

I think you would like "The Dark Lord of Derkholm" by Diana Wynne Jones, she happens to be one of my favorite authors.

amira-la said...

Hey, Dahlia. That sounds cool. I'll check it out because I have read all the good books I own.

Big Footess said...

I'm always on the lookout for new authors. I'm totally going to check that out. Thanks for posting the link!

Faerie said...

I'll have to see if any of the recommended authors have audio books. *grr* I hate being 5 centimeters tall.