Monday, December 8, 2008

Really Awesome Series...

So why did it take me so long to finish? I don't really know either.
Anyway, I started reading the Midnighters series by Scott Westerfeld earlier this year. I finished the first two books quickly, unable to put them down, but for some reason it took me months to finish the third one. It was really good! I wish there were a fourth book! I don't want the series to be over!


"The five teenage Midnighters of Bixby, Oklahoma, thought they understood the secret midnight hour—until one morning when time freezes in the middle of the day.
The noise of school stops. Cheerleaders are frozen in midair. Everything is the haunted blue color of the midnight hour.
As the Midnighters scramble for answers, they discover that the walls between the secret hour and real time are crumbling. Soon the dark creatures will break through to feed at last . . . unless these five teenagers can find a way to stop them."


Dess is definitely my favorite character. The sarcastic ones tend to be my faves, I love sarcasm (I did list it as one of my interests). If I had the choice, I would want either Dess's or Jonathan's powers (though only if they weren't restricted to midnight, on Jonathan's that is). Before finishing the book (even though I already knew how it ended) I wasn't really sure there could be a fourth Midnighters book. But now that I've read it all for myself I totally see the possibilities. But it could end up not being as good as the first three since the series has been declared over by the author. You can't force a story out of someone if it's not meant to be (wow, did that sound as lame to you as it did to me?).

Anyway, I've said all I can about the book without giving anything away. I suggest that you check out the Midnighters series. It's really good. Also be sure to check out Scott Westerfeld's other YA series, Uglies.

2 comments:

Faerie said...

I've never read (I mean listened to) that series. It sounds good. I'll have to see if it has audio books. :P

Dame Orchid said...

Midnighters is one my favorite series. I am glad that Scott Westerfeld didn't write a fourth book, even though the end was left wide open.