Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year


Finally, it is time to say goodbye to 2008. It was a good year, but it seemed to drag on. Now, for the next six months I will think it's January, just as I have for the last... every year since I was born. Don't ask me why this happens, it just does. Maybe it's because the first half of the year goes by too quickly, while the second half seems to take two years to pass.
I have some New Years resolutions for 2009. I don't normally make New Years resolutions, but this year I have some that I fully intend to keep.
  1. Send a query letter to an agent and pray they pick me up.
  2. If #1 works out, get a book published with help from my agent.
  3. If #s 1&2 happen, become the most fan friendly author in existence.
  4. Get in good enough shape to actually do something on my expensive BMX bike.
  5. Finish writing the last two books in B1's series.
  6. Start writing another series.
Those are my New Years resolutions. I will report throughout the year about whether I keep them. Hopefully I will. Have any New Years resolutions of your own? What are they? I'd love to hear some feedback on this.
Happy New Year, everyone!
 

4 comments:

Faerie said...

Happy New Year, Dahlia! Though, technically, it's still not 2009 where I am. :)

Dame Orchid said...

Dahlia, Happy New Year.

Nadia Murti said...

Dahlia, when it comes to how much you write and how you're so confident that you'll get published, I'm seriously intimidated by you.

Dahlia said...

Nadia Murti: In a strange way, I'm kind of flattered. ^_^