Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Editing News

Hey people.
Yesterday I resumed editing the book that will now be known as B1 (book 1). It was while I was somewhere around the fiftieth chapter that I realized I made a mistake earlier in the book and made a car black in one scene when it is red every other time it is mentioned. For some strange reason, I have yet to change that mistake.

Anyway, I have now read 69 chapters (short chapters) and I still don't hate it. I feel that there may be more emphasis on two of the characters relationship than I intended but things always seem sissier to me than they really are (I very much dislike sissy things). I think I have added over 200 words on forgotten words alone. Not very surprising since my mind tends to move faster than my fingers (mind you, my fingers aren't very slow).

As soon as I finish this post I'm likely to go back and edit the rest of the book. I think I'm over 2/3 of the way done, so I should be able to finish by tonight. After I finish editing it once, I'm going to read through it again just to make sure I didn't miss anything I wanted to change before I hand it over to my best friend (with much fighting involved).

Story wise, it seems to progress fairly well. Like I said in a past post, I thought it took too long to get going when I was writing it, but I was wrong there. It doesn't appear to slow down much (in my mind, anyway), so I don't think readers will lose interest too easily. I think I've managed to give the characters their own voices. Each chapter is narrated by a different character and I managed to change my writing style for each person just enough that they all sound different (some notice how people look more, others notice the scenery more, some use a bunch of references to get their point across, etc., etc.).

So, yeah, that's how the whole editing thing has been going. I'll try to write about something more interesting in my next post.

4 comments:

Faerie said...

I sure hope te whole writing process is fun cuz you seem to do it a lot. Good luck editing your book. Can't wait till you get it published so I can read it (that's an unsubtle hint to get it published as soon as possible). ^.^

Dame Orchid said...

I don't envy you on the whole editing thing. But good luck.

Nadia Murti said...

How long is your book?

Dahlia said...

Nadia Murti: my book is about 245 pages long. The original word count can be found in the 'About Me' section on the sidebar. :)