Sunday, December 28, 2008

Can't Wait for Necropolis

A few days ago I was on Barnes & Noble's website searching my favorite authors to see if there were any new books listed that I hadn't heard about on their personal sites. I think I may have screamed a little when I searched Anthony Horowitz and saw that Necropolis, the fourth book in the super awesome Gatekeepers series, was listed to come out in April. APRIL!!! That's only four months away!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I've been waiting to read Necropolis since I finished reading Raven's Gate. It's really exciting because Necropolis is the first book Anthony Horowitz has ever written where the main character is a girl. Scarlett (the girl in question) played a small role in the last Gatekeepers book, Nightrise. I'm really interested in finding out what her powers are because they haven't been mentioned yet.

"As the fourth novel in the spellbinding Gatekeepers series begins, the world is under the greatest threat it's ever known. The evil corporation Nightrise has amassed an immense amount of power . . . and the devastating force of the Old Ones is about to be unleashed around the globe. To stop this from happening, Matt and three of the Gatekeepers head to Hong Kong--not just the modern city of skyscrapers and wealth, but the secretive underworld beneath. In Hong Kong they will meet the final Gatekeeper, a girl named Scarlet, whose fate is inextricably joined to their own...."
I will definitely be getting Necropolis as soon as it comes out. It would be an understatement to say I'm really, really, really, super excited to read it.
Though I must admit that I prefer the U.K. cover to the American one. Actually, other than Raven's Gate (in hardback), I prefer the U.K. covers for all of them. But then, I'm just picky about things like that.


Update: forgot to mention that I put the American cover above. You can see the U.K. covers for all the books by clicking here.

2 comments:

Dame Orchid said...

The American covers for Gatekeepers are weird and kind of boring. I really can't wait for Necropolis.

Faerie said...

That book sounds good. :)