Saturday, November 1, 2008

NaNoWriMo

Today marks the beginning of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). I've just joined and I'm still debating which book I'm going to write. I'm thinking of writing the beginning of one of my two series based in the distant future. It saves me a lot of time on research because I get to make everything up, and if there's one thing I'm good at, it's making things up.
I really can't decide which one to write. One of them is a three part series, the other is a two. Also, they're connected. The three part-er is the prequel to the two part-er. Both of them are going to be written from multiple POV's. As with the book I've already finished, I can't tell you everything for legal reasons. But based on the information you have, which one do you think I should write?
Please leave a comment with your thoughts on the subject. :D
Learn more about NaNoWriMo here.

p.s.
I'm a horrible procrastinator and haven't even started editing my book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you can work on several things at once. Don't let the ideas get away while they are fresh. At least jot them down as an outline or something until you can get back to them.

Audrey-sensei said...

write about the future one. you can just let your imagination run wild. don't worry if it's not good, mine definitely isn't, but i've been wanting to write about this kind of story sense 4th grade, and i finally have a plot that makes sense.

just so you have a general idea, though, my characters' names change randomly and without warning as do their ages, there's lots of filler, and some of the chapters don't make any sense in the order their in.

but hey, what is december for?