Sunday, November 9, 2008

NaNo Update and Some Stuff About My Book

I have finally gotten past my writers block. I now have over 3,000 words in my NaNo book. I know I'm way behind schedule (not that I really have a schedule), but I think it's coming along nicely (quality wise). The beginning is a little slow, but I can't really help that. I've never really been good at starting books, but I must say I'm pretty good at middles and ends. I have this obsession with epic cliffhangers.


As for editing, I took a break for a few days and just started back day before yesterday. I got through 36 chapters with minimal changes and very little hatred for what I was reading. While I was writing I felt like it took too long to get going and worried that readers would lose interest before they got to the good parts, but now I'm not so sure. It really starts to pick up when the two opposing groups meet in early chapters. There's an evil B trying to overthrow her "best friend" and claim all the power for herself. Remember how I said my book is about vampires? Well, you're about to find out a little more. You should feel honored, I don't do this often. I hardly even talk about my books outside of my house (walls have ears and all that).


Okay, so the group of hunters have just found out that the ancient and super powerful vampires that their families have been hunting for generations are going to their school. The hunters believe that the vampires are evil, but they're not. Not only have they realized that the vampires are really close by, but one vampire and one hunter are friends and the other hunters don't know how to tell him, or even if they should.


Well, that's all I'm going to tell you right now. Just know that if you steal my ideas I will be completely devastated and could lose all desire to ever write anything again.

Have a nice day! :D

3 comments:

hpautumngrl said...

Yay! another NaNo writer who's writing about vampires! Sorry just felt I needed to say that. Your book sounds really interesting. I can't wait to actually read it!

Dame Orchid said...

Are you still enjoying editing your book? I for one can't wait till you finally finish editing it. Good luck finishing writing your NaNo book.

Lady Dahlia said...

hpautumngrl: So cool that you're doing NaNo too. Want to be writing buddies? I've been looking for other writers to bounce ideas off of. My name on NaNo is Lady_Dahlia (I'm not very creative with screen names).

dame orchid: Yes, I do still enjoy editing my book. Though staring at a computer screen for too long makes my eyes burn.